Course: LIS 698, Spring 2012
Instructor: Dr. Tula Giannini
Internship Site: 67th Street Branch- New York Public Library (NYPL)
Site Supervisor: Jill Rothstein, Library Manager
11am- 11:30am- Shelve and weed the “New Book”
- Remove two or more books with the same title
- Delete books that are in bad condition
- Remove books publish a year or more earlier than the current
- Remove books with low circulation
11:30am- 12pm- Remove expired reserves from the Holds Shelf and process them for the next location.
12pm- 1:30pm- Maintain the information and circulation desk
- Check-in/ out materials at the circulation desk
- Create new or update old library cards accounts
- Answer information, technical and directional questions at the information desk by phone or in person.
1:30pm- 2pm- BREAK
2pm-4pm – Maintain the information and circulation desk and prepare the community room for the weekly craft program
- The weekly craft program is a group of individuals that share their own craft resources (craft tools and materials) with each other over friendly conversation.
- I prepare the room by setting up the tables and chairs, display craft books from our collection for observation or borrowing and materials donated for the workshop from other institutions such as fabric, needles, thread, and cotton.
- This week the craft program is working on creating dolls for charity.
5pm-7pm- Maintain the information and circulation desk