Course: LIS 698, Spring 2012
Instructor: Dr. Tula Giannini
Internship Site: 67th Street Branch- New York Public Library (NYPL)
Site Supervisor: Jill Rothstein, Library Manager
9am- 9:30am- Shelve and weed the “New Book”
- Remove two or more books with the same title
- Delete books that are in bad condition
- Remove books publish a year or more earlier than the current
- Remove books with low circulation
9:30am- 10am- Remove expired reserves from the Holds Shelf and process them for the next location.
10am- 12pm- Maintain the information and circulation desk
- Check-in/ out materials at the circulation desk
- Create new or update old library cards accounts
- Answer information, technical and directional questions at the information desk by phone or in person.
12pm- 1pm- Lunch
1pm-3pm – Maintain the information and circulation desk
3:30pm-4:30pm- Only 1 student showed up for eBooks class. Patron was more interested in learning how to turn wi-fi on and off.